Scott began his legal career as a Public Defender in Clark County. For two years he represented indigent defendants in Municipal, Juvenile and Common Pleas Court, which led to nearly 100 court and jury trials as well as appeals work before the Second District Court of Appeals.
His career in private practice began in 1995. His main focuses are on real estate law and title insurance, family law, and wills and estates.
Over the last 20 years Scott has developed extensive experience in real estate law/title insurance and has been involved in more than twenty thousand closings and real estate transfers. He has represented both individuals and companies throughout various legal processes. He has helped families through divorce and custody disputes, providing reassuring and seasoned advice to his clients. His trial experience extends to numerous counties, including Clark, Champaign, Franklin, Greene, Madison, Miami and Montgomery, and appellate practice in the Ohio Second District Court of Appeals.
When he is outside the office, Scott enjoys a round of golf, poker, and Ohio State football.
- Bachelor of Arts from Ohio State University in 1988
- Juris Doctorate from University of Toledo College of Law in 1991
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Admitted to Ohio Bar in 1991
- Admitted to California Bar 1993
- Clark County Bar Association (Vice President)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Board Member/Vice President, Neighborhood Housing Partnership
- Member, Clark County Board of Realtors
- Board Member, Clark County Public Defender Commission